COTTINGLEY WALK No.2 by L. Poynter
4 miles: 2hr Shoes except in bad conditions. A lot of road walking.
- From the shops at Littlelands, go straight down Manor Rd and turn right into a snicket by no. 33.
- Go on Town Hill St and first left.
- Exit by no. 8 into Main St.
- Go straight across the main road to below the Sun Inn
- Go up past the Sun and take the second gateway left and go right down the private
- Pass a bungalow and a house, and as the road levels out, BEFORE the old farmhouse, look for
an old gatepost on the left with a waymark pointing to a footbridge hidden by trees on the right.
- Follow this waymarked path across three fields to the white farmhouse. Pass the house and follow
the drive round to join Glen View Road.
- Continue as it becomes Nab Wood Grove.
- Turn right up Nab Wood Terrace.
- At the top go straight across and up the signed path.
- Just past the horse trough take the left-hand path.
- Follow path and track to Moorhead Lane.
- Cross and go up 60 yards to a cul-de-sac and path.
- Keep the trees on your left, ignoring all paths going down on your left.
- When buildings appear ahead, look for a children's playground on the right.
- Head for this, crossing a tarmac drive. At the second drive go down to the park gates and main road.
- Go right 250 yards and turn right into Cliffe Wood Ave (no. 27 on the map)
- Go up through Northcliffe woods.
- At a clear fork go left over the stream, up the steps and across the golf course to Shay Lane.
- Turn right and at the next road (near Sharp's - Hallmark) go right and then first left on Stoney Ridge Rd.
- First right down North Bank Rd.
- Cross Cottingley Moor Rd and after 100 yards go through a gate on the right (no. 3).
- Follow the track with a fence on the left until it swings left.
- Here keep straight on to a lone tree and then a stile.
- Go straight ahead parallel to a line of trees and find a stile and path between houses to March Cote Lane.
- Ahead again down a snicket. At the next road go slightly left to the next snicket between nos 80 and 82. Emerge near the shops.